Cruise Line: Viking River Cruises
The Thinking Person’s Cruise®
Created for curious, experienced travelers. Every detail onboard a Viking ship is designed to enrich and enhance your travel experience, helping you fully immerse yourself in the rich cultures you are visiting. From the thoughtfully curated Library and the insights of guest lecturers to regional cuisine and vintages from your destinations, Viking helps you connect to your destination in every possible way.
The Viking Way® of exploration takes you deeper, offering behind-the-scenes insights and opportunities. While they include the expected and iconic, such as visits to renowned museums and notable landmarks, Viking also works hard to offer Local Life, Working World and optional Privileged Access® experiences in places otherwise difficult to visit.
Ship: Viking Sigyn
Wife of Loki, Sigyn is the goddess of fertility and bonds. Dedicated and loyal, she stays with her husband during his final punishment. Vali kept him bound to avenge the death of his brother, and Skadi hung a venomous snake over his mouth. Sigyn catches the venom in a bowl. When she turns to empty the contents, a drop reaches his mouth. As he convulses from the poison, earthquakes shake the world.
- Only 190 guests
- Crew: 50
- Length 443 feet
- Year built: 2019
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (25 Standard Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 7 Veranda Suites, 2 Explorer Suites)
- All suites feature two full-size rooms with a veranda off the living room & a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun Deck with 360-degree views & shaded sitting area; organic herb garden & solar panels; putting green & walking track
- Aquavit Terrace & Lounge, a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship for al fresco dining
- Lounge & Bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library & onboard shop
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories E & F
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines produce less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 42″ flat-screen TV with infotainment system featuring Movies On Demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic & more